Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement
Inter-County Nursing & Care Services is committed to supporting its staff, clients and the wider community through the COVID-19 pandemic. We have made a number of changes to the way in which we operate the service, in order to protect the health, safety and well-being of all concerned. Maintaining a COVID secure working environment and ensuring infection control measures are met is an ongoing process and a vital part to the success in controlling the spread of the virus.
- Staff have received up to date training on Infection, Prevention and Control and are issued with weekly supplies of PPE
- Staff are tested weekly for COVID-19 and are required to follow self-isolation rules as determined by the government
- All staff have been advised and encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
- Individual risk assessments highlight any individuals that are deemed to be extremely vulnerable, and where relevant additional safety measures are put into place to protect them
- An emergency contingency plan has been formulated, which enables us to respond swiftly and appropriately should the service be disrupted as a result of a COVID-19 outbreak
- We have robust systems in place for the reporting and management of suspected and positive COVID-19 cases
- Guidance and advice from Government, Public Health England and Industry leaders is monitored on a daily basis and updates/new information is communicated to staff and clients as needed
- COVID secure systems are in place to reduce footfall and promote social distancing
- New policies/procedures relating to COVID-19 have been implemented and/or updated, to ensure working standards are in line with best practice and current guidance
- Well-being checks are in place for both staff and clients. Details of how to access additional advice and support are issued as needed
We will do our very best to deliver a high quality service as we respond to this ever evolving crisis, and will continue to keep our working practice under review to ensure that the health and safety of our staff and the people using our service is protected at all times.
We hope that in the not too distant future, there will be a semblance of normality returning to our lives, but until then – stay safe and stay well.
With best wishes